|Saint Paul Cathedral - Pencil & Ink|
October 13, 2013
A sketch of the Cathedral in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The Cathedral has probably been painted or drawn more than any other building in Saint Paul. The largest church in Minnesota, the Cathedral's cornerstone was laid on June2, 1907 and on Easter Sunday 1915, the first Mass was celebrated.
The Cathedral was consecrated in 1958 and thus became an, "edifice of merit" in the Catholic church. As Archbishop Ireland originally envisioned it, "A Great Temple on the Prairie" can be found right up on Marshall and Summit Avenues in good Ol' Saint Paul.